Lovely week in Rome

My trip to Rome began 4th May in the morning. Me and other 5 guys from my country took off by plane from Italian company. It was such a good flight! We were having good time there and we were offered by cabine crew with juice and crackers. After our arrival we finally met our Italian friends who we knew from Erasmus week in Czech Republic.
In the afternoon everyone met and spent whole evening with them. I talked with new people there too. 
On Sunday did the Finnish and Greek students arrived. That day had one Italian girl birthday, so we stayed outside until midnight.
On Monday we went to the Italian language school and after that we visited Forum Romanum and many other monuments of Rome. In the afternoon we went to Colloseum.
It was the best part of the day.
On Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday we visited many places in Rome and it's surroundings. Me and my friends Mikuláš, Lina and Martin went with our hosts to the traditional Roman lunch.  Maybe it was the best food I've ever eaten there. Let's say, that we couldn't be hungry in Rome, because the food was everywhere! I love Italian food and my Italian host family saw it, so they gave me "Spaghetti Bolognese" as a gift.
But the week there wasn't only about food, although it made a big part of it. On Thursday we went to "Musei Vaticani". The visit was long, but amazing. I really liked the part in "Capella Sistina" and also in St. Peter's katedral.
On Friday we had a conference in the school. We were presenting our small project in front of the other students. After that we went home, changed our clothes and the final party could begin! It was amazing, but very sad, because we knew some people (we too) are leaving Rome next day. Everybody was crying...
On Saturday I packed my suitcase, I thanked to my host family for everything and sat in the car. But the week still didn't end. They took me to the beach near Rome for a short walk. I really enjoyed it.
The worst part was saying goodbye to our Italian friends... After that did our way home begin...

Now I can say it was a nice experience and I hope more schools in our country will support projects like this. I am looking forward for another opportunity to meet new people!

Komentáře

Oblíbené příspěvky